miércoles, 19 de noviembre de 2014

The Clan of the Cave Bear

Hi, I'm talking about "The Clan of the Cave Bear," a book which helped me to get ahead and taught me the really important things in life. This book was recommended to me by my mother when I seriously got injured my knee.
The book is about the life of a girl Cro-Magnon, Ayla, who wakes up after an earthquake and discovers that her camp has disappeared. Alone and helpless wandering aimlessly until she is attacked by a cave lion. Other people also affected by the earthquake find the wounded girl and they help her to survive. They are the Clan of the Cave Bear, a clan of Neanderthal men and women. Iza, the healer of the group, and Creb, the shaman, look after and teach Ayla the traditions and customs of the clan though she is not accepted by the rest of the group.
This book is the first in the saga "the children of the earth" and is set in the Paleolithic era. It is my favorite format, a novel that could be a documentary since you can get incredible information of that prehistoric stage. But what surprised me most is how two species of human could live at the same time, and both in the same clan. On the other hand, I also liked the different positions that different characters in the clan have and the differences with the modern world


 


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario