miércoles, 3 de diciembre de 2014

First Activity

Reading has an important role in my life. It makes me feel different emotions, such as surprise, happiness, sadness, boredom, uncertainty, ... and, of course, it  makes me discover other ways of life I would never discover otherwise.

I'm always reading, may be a novel, a poem, a newspaper, a letter, a message, a textbook or just a word. I have no "special book" I have many "special books" because, throughout my life, I have many "special moments". But there is a book I read when I was 18, at that time, I was passionate about politics, values, fighting for a just cause ... A friend gave me a book, "the Story of a Shipwrecked Sailor ", which was written by Gabriel Garcia Marquez.

The story of this adventure was serialized in The Spectator of Bogota. On February 28, 1955, the news was that eight members of the crew of a destroyer Navy Colombia had fallen into the water and disappeared because of a storm in the Caribbean Sea. Of the eight people, only Luis Alejandro Velasco survived and he spent ten days adrift on a raft without food or drink ... It is therefore a journalistic reconstruction of the event as the castaway's told the young reporter Gabriel Garcia Marquez.


In particular, I liked this book because, after holding a dialogue with the castaway, he realized that there had not been any storm and the writer reflected the political of his country through this symbol. This event had a political cost and provided glory and career to the castaway and exile reporter who, after many years and after having become a great writer, dedicated this book and copyright.

By MCarmen Fuentes Taibo

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario