miércoles, 26 de noviembre de 2014

El Médico


EL MEDICO


At this moment in my life reading is not important for me because I don't have enough time to do it. In fact, I read a lot of bedtime stories for my daughters every night.

I read this book seven years ago since my husband give it for my brithday.  I didn't start to read it a few months later because I didn't feel like starting an extensive book.

The book describes us the history of a orphan child, Rob, in England in the century XI. Rob has got a special power since with his hands he can know  if a person will die or survive an illness.Throughout the book we can know the history of Rob's live. He started being an apprentice barben-surgeon who travels around England, until he doesn't want to be an adult  and he doesn't travel to Persia. He wants to learn medicine in the best school, for that reason, he passes for a Jewish because Christians can't  learn in that school. He is admited in the school but it is the beginning of a difficult road.
This book is special for me because I read it when I was pregnant of my oldest daugther and I love the historic novels , as well as Los pilares de la tierra. I usually read this kind of books since it is a  fantastics experience  to revive the lives important people from other times.

By Chus Valin.



No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario