domingo, 16 de noviembre de 2014

FIRST ACTIVITY



BOOKS IN MY LIFE



“If one cannot enjoy reading a book over and over again, there is no use in reading it at all” (Oscar Wilde).



Some reads have a special significance in our lives because they accompanied us at certain moments. This is what happened to me with Daniel Defoe's Robinson Crusoe. Though it is not the type of book I prefer (I enjoy romantic novels and travel blogs, as well), it was a landmark in my life: it was the first unabridged book I read in English! I remember the first days at university waiting for the reading asignment of the course. Robinson was compulsory and I used to spend the evenings of the first weeks imagining the hero's life on the island. After a shipwreck, Robinson is left alone on a supposingly desert island. He will have to survice on his own and faces savages, hunger and bad weather until he manages to come back to England. Robinson stands as an impressive character for its moral strength and there is a comic touch thanks to Friday. I liked the style, the particular way in which the author tells Robinson's adventures. No wonder it has been called the first novel in English!



CLICK ON THE IMAGE TO WATCH A VIDEO!

I would like you to tell me about reading and you and about your favourite reading.  Write an entry covering these points: 

Does reading have an important role in your life?
When did you read that "special book" (a special moment in your, a friend's suggestion or school assignment)?
What is it about (summary)?
Why did it catch your attention (characters, setting, style)?
Is it your favourite reading format and genre?

Use past tenses. Words limit: 150-200. Your reading can be in another language.

Please, do not write comments to the entries here, but on Pininterest:



No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario